Amaretto & Mascarpone Cheesecake
A delectably lush and creamy and very easy-to-make amaretto mascarpone cheesecake that’s topped with the very best of the season’s fresh fruit bounty!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 110 min
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Californian
- 10 graham crackers
- ½ cup sliced roasted almonds (set aside 1 tbsp)
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 oz mascarpone
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup amaretto
- Zest & Juice 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- pinch of salt
- fruit of choice (around 12 small stone fruit or a 1-2 pint of berries/figs)
- 1 tbps of amaretto
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp sliced, roasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place the graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until small crumbs are beginning to form. Add the almonds, salt and sugar and melted butter and pulse until incorporated.
- Press the graham cracker almond mixture into the bottom and sides of the spring form pan. Chill the crust in the fridge for 15 minutes, then bake for 10. Allow the crust to cool completely. Lower the oven to 350.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the mascarpone, cream cheese, Amaretto, vanilla bean (or extract), almond extract, sugar, zest and juice of 1 orange, and a pinch of salt. Run the processor, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, then running again, adding slowly adding the eggs and running the until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Pour the mascarpone mixture over the cooled crust. Bake at 350 for 1 hr and 5-15min. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight to set. (Cheesecake can be stored, chilled, for up to 3 days).
- When ready to serve, pre-heat oven to 400 degreese. Spread fruit of choice (so far I’ve used plums, figs, and strawberries and plan to keep on experimenting) cut side up, on tray. Please note I did not cute the strawberries but did with the figs and plums. If using berries no need to cut. Roast for about 25 minutes, or unit fruit is soft.
- Take out of oven, springle with sugar and drizzle with amaretto and 1 tbsp of water. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set fruit aside until cool enough to handle.
- When fruit is cool enough to handle, spoon mixture over the center of the cheesecake. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of sliced, roasted almonds (that you set aside from the crust) and enjoy.
- It’s crucial that the cream cheese and mascarpone be completely softened, firm cream cheese will not produce a smooth batter.
- For the clean slicing, let the cheesecake cool completely (at least 3 hours an up to overnight) and slice using a long, thin knife that’s been running under hot water. Wipe knife between cuts.
Keywords: Cheesecake, Amaretto Mascarpone Cheesecake