Baked Feta with Cherry Tomatoes & Olives
Quick and easy baked feta appetizer bursting bright and bold Mediterranean flavors!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 10.5 oz Greek feta
- 2-3 cups cherry tomatoes stemmed or de-stemmed
- 1 cup olives
- 1 zest & juice lemon
- 2-3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2-3 sprigs basil
- 2-3 sprigs oregano
- 1/2-1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- kosher salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
Place feta blocks in a baking dish.
Pile the olives and cherry tomatoes on top of feta bocks. If it doesn’t all fit you can place some tomatoes on top of olives or other tomatoes or vie versa. Don’t be afraid to double layer.
Place lemon peel, garlic slices, and herbs (basil & oregano) on top of feta and olive & tomato mixture.
Whisk olive oil and lemon juice together and poor all over baking dish.
Sprinkle chili flakes, salt and pepper all over baking dish mixture.
Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the cheese has softened and the tomatoes are roasted.
Serve with bread that can soak up the olive oil mixture, as it will come out bursting with flavor you’ll want to eat it with a spoon. Enjoy!
- The dish both doubles and halves beautifully! Make as much as you want.
- Flavor the oil with herbs and spices you love! Get playful and experiment.
- If you’re dairy free just skip the feta!
- Store any leftover feta in the remaining oil up to 3 days in the fridge.