Super quick, easy and versatile roasted strawberry recipe! These sweet n’ juicy strawberries can be eaten as-is or used to top your favorite summer treat, taking it to the next level!
- 2 pints fresh strawberries 1.5 pounds or about 4 cups sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey, date syrup, sugar, or another sweetner of your choice
- 1 vanila bean or 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste
- 1 cinnamon stick optional
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs optional
- pinch kosher salt
Pre-heat oven to 350 F degrees.
Rinse and hull strawberries. Leave tiny ones whole, halve or quarter the rest so they’re all roughly the same size and cook at about the same rate. Add strawberries to a baking dish.
Add maple syrup (or sweetener of choice), vanilla, cinnamon sticks and thyme (if using or other spices of choice) to baking dish with strawberries. Toss to coat strawberries evenly.
Bake for 20 min, stirring once along the way.
Enjoy straight out the oven or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- When possible, buy organic and local strawberries.
- Quality matters! We are using very few ingredients.
- Storing fresh strawberries: store in a paper lined, airtight container, 3-7 days in the fridge.
- Leftover roasted strawberries will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.