A deliciously colorful and fresh strawberry salsa that sweet n’savory n’spicy and easily comes together in 15 minutes!!!
- 1 pint strawberries
hulled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1/2 small red onion minced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chiffonade
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and grated or very finely minced
- 1-2 zest & juice limes
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- kosher and flaky sea salt to taste
- squeeze of orange fresh juice optional
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
Wash and dice strawberries, mince jalapenos, onions and cilantro, chiffonade or mince basil and mint, grate on finely mince ginger. Combine all ingrediants in bowl, squeeze in lime, sprinkle salt and pepper and tastte for seasoning. Optional to add a squeeze of fresh orange juice or a tablespoon of sugar.
- When possible, buy local and organic strawberries, veggies and herbs.
- Inspect your strawberry bounty carefully and make sure there’s no moldy ones! Mold easily spreads and one bad strawberry can ruin all the rest.
- To keep strawberries fresh in the fridge: arrange them (unwashed and un-stemmed) on a paper towel lined tray and cover with plastic wrap. We want ‘em cold and dry so they don’t mold.