The Ultimate Guide on Roasted Radishes
The ultimate roasted radish guide! Roasting radishes transforms their assertively pungent and spicy raw flavor into slightly sweet, caramelized and melt-in-your mouth, turnip-tasting-like juicy jewels!
- 2 bunches of radishes rinsed well and halved, quarter, sliced or shaved
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Flaky sea salt for topping
- handfull fresh minced herbs optional
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the radishes and olive oil together on a rimmed baking sheet until evenly coated. Arrange the thinly sliced lemon on the sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 - 25 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until the radishes are tender, and the greens tops are crispy. Exact time will depend on how you cut them (shorter roasting time for thinner cuts and longer for thicker cuts).
Serving warm, straight from the oven, finishing with a sprinkle of flakey sea salt and some fresh minced herbs, a squeeze of lemon pairs wonderfully too.
Did you make this recipe? Please share and tag @DanielaGerson! I'd love to see how you're making colorful waves in the kitchen!
- When possible, buy local and seasonal radishes.
- To facilitate browning and caramelization, roast your radishes cut side down, in a single layer and spread out.
- Choose radishes with vibrant green and crisp leaves.
- Radish tops are edible!!! They’re delicious and nutritious!