Hold on to summer just a teeny tiny bit longer by putting some of the seasons best fresh fruit bounty in jar and pickling it! Use this magic pickling brine ratio below and a variety of different spices, seeds, and herbs and more to customize your very own pickled fruit!
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 cups fresh fruit any kind or a combination
- spices, herbs and other flavorings see notes for suggestions
Prep your fruit – wash & cut it.
Pack fruit in a pickling jar.
Heat brine in a saucepan.
Pour brine over fruit in pickling jar. Add your fresh and dried spices, herbs and all other flavorings to the jar.
Seal jar and store in the fridge overnight. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Please share and tag @ChefDanielaGerson! I'd love to see how you're making colorful waves in the kitchen!
- When possible, buy sustainably grown fruit from your local farmers market.
- Get creative and experiment with all sorts of flavor combinations!
- For best flavor, let this quick pickled fruit sit in the fridge overnight before enjoying.
- Quick pickled fruit will keep for 1-2 months in the fridge.