Veggie Rainbow Quinoa Bowl with with Ginger Tahini Drizzle
It’s a quinoa based rainbow veggie vegan bowl that colorful and nutritious and topped with a rich and creamy ginger-tahini drizzle! It’s a meal that’s easy to make and easy to customize, just as perfectly for a quick weeknight meal as it is to wow your dinner party guests.
For the Veggie Quinoa Bowl
- 1.5 cups quinoa rinsed
- 1 bunch chard washed, ribs and stems removed cut roughly inch wide pieces
- 1 bunch carrots cut into roughly inch wide pieces
- 2 small beets thinly sliced
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- flaky sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon za'atar (optional)
For the Ginger-Tahini Drizzle
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoons honey raw
- zest & juice 1-2 lemons
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt add more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ice water as needed
Combine quinoa, salt and 2 cups water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stir, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Shut off heat and let steam while covered, about 10 minutes longer.
Blend all ginger-tahini drizzle ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add water as needed until desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chard, season with satt and pepper, and cook, stirring often until wilted, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
To serve, place quinoa in a serving bowl, top with the chard and all the sliced veggies. Sprinkle with za’atar (if using) and drizzle with ginger-tahini sauce. Enjoy!
- Rinse Quinoa! Give it a quick rinse under cool running water to get rid of its natural coating than can cause a bitter taste.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to rinse! Anything bigger and the quinoa will fall straight through.
- Season Cooking liquid! It’s the difference between bland quinoa and I-just-wanna-eat-more quinoa.
- Be patient when cooking the quinoa. Cover that pot and keep it covered. Don’t keep checking on it or it will cook unevenly.
- Let quinoa steam in the pot! This step is crucial to the cooking process.
- When possible, buy organic veggies!
- Drizzle is non negotiable! It will thicken in the fridge, just add water as needed to thin it out.
- Ginger-tahini drizzle can be stored up to 1 week in the fridge.
- To make this bowl ahead, store all components separately (quinoa, veggies and drizzle).