Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Dip
Sweet earthy beets paired with tangy, creamy goat chip for a super quick, easy and marvelously magenta appetizer for all your entertaining needs, all year long!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
- 1 beet roasted, peeled & chopped
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Scrub the beet, cut the top off, wrap in aluminum foil and roast in the oven until a fork easily pierces through it, about 40-60 minutes, depending on the exact size of your beet. Set beet aside until cool enough to handle. Then easily peel the skin away with your hands or veggie peeler and chop into chunks.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the rest of the ingredients and puree until smooth, scraping down the side if necessary. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, transfer to bowl and top with fresh herbs.
- For best results, let your goat cheese soften out of the fridge before whipping up in food processor.
- The beet can be roasted up to 3 days in advance and kept in the fridge until ready to use.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days, coveered in the fridge
- The dip will firm up when it’s placed in the refrigerator. Just give it a good stir and/or thin out with 1 teaspoon of water or olive oil at a time until desired consistency is reached again.