Chocolate Tahini Tart
Please meet this luxuriously decadent and sophisticated chocolate tahini tart with a pretzel crust that’s easy to make and divine to eat!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 10 ounces dark chocolate pieces morsels, chips or squares all work
- 2/3 cups tahini
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice can be honey, maple syrup, date syrup, agave or sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch flaky sea salt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice can be honey, maple syrup, date syrup, agave or sugar
Pre-heat oven to 350 F degrees. In the bowl of a food processor, add pretzel, and pulse small crumbs begin to form. Add brown sugar and melted butte and pulse some more, until all mixed together. Transfer mixture to pan, pressing into bottom and up sides.
Bake pretzel crust until set, 10-15 min and let cool completely.
Combine the chocolate, tahini, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
Heat the cream, vanilla and sweetener of your choice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once it starts to simmer, remove it from the heat and immediately pour it over the chocolate and tahini. Let it sit for a minute or two to melt the chocolate.
Using a spatula, mix until well blended and no bits of chocolate remain. Get that elbow grease in there! Use quite a bit of elbow grease here — really commit! After a minute or two, the mixture should look thick, glossy, and well mixed.
Immediately pour the filling into the cooled crust and smooth the top.
Whisk cream, tahini and sweetener of your choice and swirl with a spatula on top and sprinkle with flaky salt (or other desired toppings). Let sit for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- Not all tahini is created equal. Use the best possible tahini you can get!
- Not all chocolate is created equal either. Get the good stuff!
- Really commit with that elbow grease to get that smooth, glossy, emulsified chocolate finish. For a big cheat, throw in all in the vitamix to do that work for ya.