Hummus with Tahini
The simplest way to easily and quickly whip up luxuriously smooth and creamy homemade hummus with tahini!
- 1 cans of chickpeas drained
- 2/3 cup tahini
- zest & juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1-2 tablespoons of ice water
- 2 garlic cloves minced/chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- kosher salt
Combine the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, cumin, and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and blend until smooth.
Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Serve in a bowl and sprinkle fresh or dried herbs, flaky sea salt, olive oil swirls or anything else your heart desires.
Did you make this recipe? Please share and tag @ChefDanielaGerson! I'd love to see how you're making colorful waves in the kitchen!
- If you have a food processor, now is the time to use it!If you don’t, a blender works too.
- Use the best possible tahini you can find.
- Both canned and dried chickpeas work for this hummus recipe! ¾ cup of dried chickpeas is equal to 15 oz can. Using dried chickpeas will create an even better flavor than canned but take more time.
- Get playful with toppings options! See some suggestions below and all my pics for ideas.
- Leftover hummus will keep in the fridge a week.
- Hummus will thicken up in the fridge, dilute with 1 tablespoon of cold water at a time until you get your perfect consistency again.