California Summer Rainbow Salad
This sweet, juicy, crunchy, salty, briny, and tangy seasonal salad celebrates the very best of California’s summers fresh fruit and veggie bounty!
- 1- pound melon in assorted colors, diced
- 1- pound mixed ripe tomatoes in assorted colors, diced
- ½ pound other produce such as mango papaya, cucumbers and/or avocadoes diced
- 8 oz feta cubed or crumbled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup freshly herbs such as mint, basil, chives, tarragon, and/or cilantro, large leaves torn, and small leaves left whole
- 1 1/2 tsp za'atar
- 1 1/2 tsp sumac
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
For the Salad, using a sharp chef's knife or serrated knife, cut fruit’s & veggies and into an assortment of slices, wedges, and/or bite-size pieces.
For the Dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and zest, honey, za'atar, sumac and salt while slowly pouring in the olive oil until emulsified.
To assemble, in a large bowl, plater or tray, arrange the melon, tomatoes, other fresh fruit and veggies you’re using and feta. Top with fresh basil and other herbs, season with salt & pepper and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe? Please share and tag @DanielaGerson! I'd love to see how you're making colorful waves in the kitchen!
- When possible, buy local and organic produce at the peak of its season.
- The salad will only be as good as the quality of your ingredients.
- Salad is best served immediately, or within the hour, of dressing.
- The vinaigrette can be made in advance and will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.