Sweet watermelon and salty feta create a refreshingly easy summer salad topped with a lime-y basil oil vinaigrette, fresh herbs and spices to take it over the top!
Why this Recipe Works
- Quick & refreshingly easy to make!
- Sweet watermelon & salty feta is a match made in heaven!
- Deliciously fragrant vinaigrette! Thanks so the basil oil and lime zest!
- Eat no more boring salads! Crunchy watermelon, tangy feta, savory fresh herbs and spices ensure we’ll have all sorts of interesting flavors and textures!
Summer at its very best! Very few seasonal ingredients combine together to create a dish that’s much greater than the sum of its parts!
La Tourangelle basil oil is infused with the fresh flavor of young basil. The vinaigrette is made in a matter of minutes and the aromatic, herb-infused oil greatly deepens its complexity!
How to make this Cucumber & Watermelon Salad
Cube watermelon. Cube or crumble feta. Prep herbs. Make vinaigrette. Toss all. Tope with fresh herbs and spices. YUM!
- Don’t buy pre-crumbled feta! Blocks are much more flavorful and its truly just marginally more work to crumble ourselves.
- Choose your watermelon wisely! They should feel heavy for their size. And tap the underbelly. If it’s ripe, it will sound deep and hollow! We don’t have any dull sounding watermelons.
- This salad is best enjoyed served immediately! However, leftovers will keep in the fridge for a day.
Stoked on more summer salads? Try my Stone Fruit Salad with Burrata, Caramelized Fig Salad, Strawberry Burrata Panzanella, or Plum and Cucumber Salad with Roasted Ginger Vinaigrette!
Have ya tried this recipe? I’d love to hear about it and see it too! Please leave a comment below and take a pic and tag it on Instagram with #chefdanielagerson. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see more colorfully delicious food and all sorts of awesome adventures!
Let’s make waves in the kitchen!
Watermelon & Feta Salad
- 2.5-3 pound watermelon
- 8 oz feta
- 3 tablespoons basil oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, such as mint, basil and thyme cut or torn into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon za'atar and or sumac optional
- Cut watermlon into bite sized cubes.
- Cut feta into bite sized cubes.
- Whisk together basil oil, lime juice and zest, honey, salt and pepper.
- Toss watermelon and feta with dressing and arrange on a serving plate or bowl.
- Top with fresh herbs and spices.